Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Femme de Spectacle


The Princess of Performance did indeed deliver! I guess that’s what happens when you combine an extremely talented woman with a wizard in the world of live entertainment, Jamie King (the Director of Britney’s Femme Fatale World Tour). I’ve seen countless shows done by King. After all, he is the go-to director/choreographer for such international superstars including: Madonna, Ricky Martin, Christina Aguilera, and of course, Britney. He’s currently in Montreal working on the highly anticipated CDS Michael Jackson show with its world premiere in Montreal at the beginning of October. Cannot wait!

I have been a Britney fan ever since she appeared on the international stage with her mega-hit Baby One More Time. Through the good and bad, I always believed in her and wanted her to shine because of the level of performance that she is capable of delivering to an audience.

The last time Britney came to town with her Circus tour, and I was getting ready to head out on tour. Coincidence, maybe! Fate, I like to believe so! A few months later, she included a horse in a new music video. I didn’t work with just one horse but over 50. Just a few signs I wanted to point out. Not sure what they mean, but I do hope Britney and I have the chance to work together someday.

I found that Britney was overshadowed by the circus acts during her 2009 visit to Montreal. She clearly played it a little safe, but it was to be expected given what she had been through. With the Femme Fatale tour, I saw her confidence return and her maturity shine. She has gone from a young girl to a woman through countless world tours, virtually growing up under the world’s microscope – not an easy task!

She performed most of her hits with new musical arrangements (minus my personal favourite, Circus) and a healthy selection of the strong tracks off her Femme Fatale album. It was a perfect mix!

Surrounded by incredible dancers, awesome stage and staging, stellar choreography, glittery costumes, lights, projections, smoke, and pyro…Britney put on a true pop spectacle that had every element to ensure a smile on the audience’s face, I know I did!

Britney opened the show to a screaming crowd, to which she replied "Bonjour, Montreal."

The awesome stage!

The stage was filled with movement and props. You didn't know where to look! I'm going to quote acclaimed choreographer Debra Brown here: "It's very important to keep the stage alive." Britney's elite team certainly did. 

Britney with some of her talented female dancers. 

Some arial work!

I love this shot. Clearly Britney is in shape. 

Another shot showcasing Britney's banging body! Oh yeah, they brought a car on stage complete with a stripper pole. Britney later gave Pauly D a lap dance. 

Britney in action. 

Straps. I've seen better. But an overall nice touch. 

A pop princess angel closes the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment